On Wednesday, February 13, the Senate Labor and Commerce Committee heard SB 160, a bill to restore and protect net neutrality in Alaska. The sponsor, Sen. Tom Begich gives an excellent explanation of the importance of net neutrality and ACLU of Alaska’s Legal and Policy Director Tara Rich testifies as to why net neutrality is necessary to protecting personal privacy, free speech, and other essential Alaskan rights.
- Murkowski Votes to Repeal Changes to Net Neutrality Rules
- Test program in Alaska could pave way for drones’ expanded use in health, safety, environment
- Alaska Senate makes statement supporting net-neutrality
- Op-Ed: Sen. Murkowski, don’t vote for the FCC’s Net Neutrality repeal
- Rep. Scott Kawasaki: Internet must remain open and free